Hi,

I'm looking how to tag a road with seasonal opening or closing. Typical, mountain pass are closed in winter due to snow. Usual opening and closing dates are published (like open from week 24 to 41). In opposite, some roads on ice are only opened in winter. In Africa, some unpaved roads are usually closed during rainy season. Up to now, I was using "opening_hours=*" with "Nov-Apr off". But I was looking for something more generic that can indicate the random aspect.

I saw the proposal seasonal=* :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:seasonal

Use in Europe : yes (497), no (19), winter (12), summer (9), * (2), Spring, Summer, Fall (1), Yes (1)

Use in Africa : year_round (171), yes (75), wet_season (32), cannot_determine (27), another_pattern (16), dry_season (7), na_dn (1), dry_weather (1)

seasonal=* does not indicate typical opening period.

Any suggestion?

Éric