On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Markus Lindholm
<markus.lindh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 December 2012 18:41, Erik Johansson <erjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Markus Lindholm
>> <markus.lindh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Created a page on the wiki for this proposal
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Provides_feature
>>
>> What purpose does the role=entrance have when the node/way is going to
>> be tagged building=entrance or entrance=main anyways?
>
> You mean that the role description could be left empty because it
> could always be deduced from tags on the member? I guess it could be
> possible, but I think it is much much better to have an explicit role
> descriptions, foremost for the benefit of the next mapper who comes
> along and wants to improve and edit the relation. So that he can
> clearly see what the intention is with the different members.

The redundancy is what got me wondering what else the role could be
used for, but I guess there are two parts of that. One is that it
doesn't really need to be more complex and that it's probably fine if
I leave the role part out.

Should I use it on railways stations with subway_entrance and parkings?