Hi,

2013/4/14 François Lacombe <francois.laco...@telecom-bretagne.eu>

> It would be great to find out what are the "state of the art" in OSM to
> make a better choice than "heads or tails" : *what is used for airports,
> train stations, factories,... ?*

Airports : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:aeroway%3Daerodrome
No relations (however often closed area).

Train stations : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dstation
No relations (however often single buildings which hold the whole station,
sometimes node on railway).

Factories : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/industrial
No relations recommended so far.

So current version of generation refinement proposal seems to be consistent
with large set of map features.
If you have objection with that, please told me!

I would add in proposal that enclosed power plant may be mapped with
multipolygon relation in case of complex perimeter as explained here :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon

Multipolygon should be used as soon as there are two or more distinct
fenced perimeters.

--
*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com