Am 21.06.2013 14:49, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> On 21/giu/2013, at 14:30, Pieren <pier...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Could we avoid "moving features" in OSM ? Otherwise the same object, a
>> trailer, will be mapped in several places.
>

> I don't see a problem with this as long as the times are predictable.
> E.g. in my hometown there is a market (grocery, meat, cheese, etc.)
> two specific days a week. The same merchants also sell with their same
> vehicles at other places on different days, but that isn't a problem
> at all as long as you specify when the market is in this place. The
> only difference I see with respect to these trailers, that there is
> only one and not a lot of them.

+1
But how to map them?
Even if it's predictable, that a particular trailer is there every
monday: how to state that it's not there the other six days a week?

Sure: opening_hours would ensure nobody tries to get something to eat
there, but what about: "Let's meet at the hot-dog trailer there on
Tuesday, it's on the map" or "go straight and then turn left after
you've passed the fish-and-chips trailer".
Both is quite feasible for any restaurant or fast-food place, as long as
these are there permanently, but that's not the case in what we're
talking about here, and this difference can't even be interpreted out of
the data if one would like to do so.

On top of that I'm sure to remove something like that if it's mapped
there but I don't see it - and if there's nothing that it's not visible
when closed.

regards
Peter