On 2013-07-25 10:54, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote :

2013/7/25 Peter Wendorff <wendo...@uni-paderborn.de>
> on a side note some of the values above like swimming are currently under the sport key, not leisure.
> Typical values for leisure are pitch, track, stadium, marina, playground, park, garden...
well, a pool that allows swimming, but is not useful for competitive
swimming I would count as sports IMHO would better be leisure=swimming
than sport=swimming, but I may be wrong here.

I'm opposing leisure=swimming as it doesn't fit (IMHO) into the common logics of the leisure key. Swimming is an activity while leisure usually describes an object (be it physical like pitch or formal/legal like a nature reserve). IMHO it would always be leisure=swimming_pool and you can put the actions for which it is suitable into the sport key (or another key if you don't like the sport semantics in some cases), e.g. sport=competitive_diving (or diving), swimming. If you are to map a small children's pool you might use either another "sport" like feet_dipping ;-) or another value for leisure (e.g. leisure=splasher_pool instead of swimming_pool) (personally I'd prefer another value for leisure, i.e. the latter).

cheers,
Martin

I'm glad that you come back to the heart of the matter which is to know whether a key describes an object or an attribute of an object and that the keys definitions in the wiki should indicate that, so that everyone agree and make a consistent database.
And we disagree indeed regarding leisure being an object. IMHO, there is no such object as "a leisure".  In my example, we have an object "water=" that is used for "leisure=", which is an attribute of the water.  And the type of leisure is further described with fishing. Which of these two forms depends on our decision that an object can be used for one or several types of leisures:
water=basin  leisure=fishing  or leisure=yes  fishing=yes  in my case
water=pool   leisure=swimming or leisure-yes  swimming=yes in your case

Now, regarding the fact that fishing= may mean several things, indeed and why not. Fishing may be an attribute applying to leisure or one to a shop that's selling fishing material. It's up to the wiki to possibly make a list of the allowed attributes for an object or an attribute.

And now, regarding my practical issue:
Tag en conflit
Conflit entre les tags natural, leisure
way 180545448 rawedit josm
water = pond
natural = water
name = Pêcherie du Tultay
leisure = fishing
Erreur reportée le : 2013-07-23
In my mind, the object is "water=basin", and, although it's not natural, Osmose insists on calling it a natural, "natural=water" with an attribute I can find no better than "water=pond".
Then, like you, Osmose comes to say that the object is in fact a leisure: "leisure=fishing".
And that, as quite rightly two objects exclude one another, leisure excludes water.
How then can we know in what we are fishing: a pond or a river?

Can we make a practical decision, to write in the wiki so that I and Osmose can apply it?

My 2 €¢ are that it should resemble this:
water=basin
natural=no
leisure=yes  (industrial=no)
fishing=yes