Same in France, we have many substations like the one on your picture bredy.

We miss "wall attach" tag beside poles and towers to deal with those issues.

2013/8/30 bredy <bredy...@yahoo.it>

> Another question.
> But the pole with transformer is a substation?
> For me is better to tag it as a Pole because really I see a pole, not all
> people know a transformer. Then if I put transformer=yes I see there is a
> transformer in the pole.

Regading this, I'm willing to introduce man_made=pole/tower to use
power=transformer on the same node.

It's currently discussed on ML and transmission proposal :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Power_transmission_refinement#Power_vs_man_made_for_towers_and_poles

Using transformer=yes will force data cosnumers to deal with many different
combinations for transformer (and other hosted stuff) while poles and
towers may not have so many to do with power=*

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com