personally I think housewares is OK. In many cases this would (in my
evaluation of English usage) go so far as to include:

kitchen
simple repair
simple furniture
basic linens

I prefer the term "home" store, personally, but that is just because I like
the word better. I feel that "home" is synonymous with housewares.

--
Alex