Following my message that my  Simplified Opening Hours syntax diagram
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours#Simplified_syntax_diagram>
is needed for taggers to achieve 95% of such tags correctly in a
reasonable time and, most of all, that data consumers understand what
they tagged, I have simplified even more and added a clear description
of intent.

I have some remarks about the modification to this footnote:

 1. ↑
    <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours#cite_ref-always_1-0>
    if all ranges are followed by "off", an initial "always" period is
    assumed. *(Not true for any implementation that I know of. --
    **User:Ypid <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ypid>**)*

  * It seems to confuse specification and discussion page.
  * It would be more interesting to say what is true instead of what is
    not true.
  * "implementations": not clear: implementations of what?
  * must the tagger follow unspecified "implementations" or this
    specification?
  * it's the fifth different opinion I hear about this essential matter
    and a simple tag
  * in consequence, as there was no clear specification, I followed the
    "most probable advice" *Fr 14:00-22:00 off* which both seemed to
    make sense and is what is written on the sign plate
  * But, after more than 15 days, not a reasonable time for a simple
    tag, I am still uncertain
  * I think that the data consumer programs such as Osmand must be as
    puzzled as the taggers

For the success of Opening Hours (and OSM), I recommend clear
specifications and my corrected diagram which is something that should
be followed step by step, avoiding searching a needle in a haystack.

I am waiting for an announcement of a correct Opening Hours page  to put
my tags right definitely; I won't change them on each different personal
opinion any more.

Cheers,

André.