On 2014-02-25 12:02, Pieren wrote :
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Dan S <danstowell+...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd suggest tourism=planetarium might be the best choice; but all of
the suggestions are fine really!
Like museum, it is something between science/museum/educational and
cinema/theatre/entertainment. In the planetarium I know, the main
public is from schools and locals, not tourists (it's not a big one).
I would put "planetarium" in the same category as "museum". And both
could be in 'tourism' or 'amenity'. Unfortunatelly, today in OSM, a
museum is more considered as a touristic attraction than a place for
education and works of art preservation.
+1. The following is what I wrote and hesitated to send yesterday before reading this.

A planetarium is definitely educational.
It's often coupled with photographs, orbiting model satellites, clocks, and all sorts of space related objects.
It's a good place to bring kids to show them that there is something else than games and that space is different.
Computers have their place too.  I'll never forget that kid whispering in my ear "I want that [space] program".
Much akin to a museum indeed.  In this case, a 5yo running all over the place and yelling "there's another one there" (there was nothing but huge animal "ones" everywhere).  Ah that élan of the youth!
Unfortunately, Education features  is void of that.

Cheers,

André.