On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM, John Packer <john.pack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't understand.
> When is landuse=grass and landcover=grass different things?

If it's just to rename the tag, then we have no advantage to change
1.400.000 polygons and all data consumers...

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Yves <yve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Landcover describes what covers the land, landuse what is it used for by
> man.
> Hence landcover=grass and landuse=meadow, you can perfectly use these two
> tags on the same polygon, or on two overlapping ones.
> Yves

Either both "landuse" and "landcover" are always matching 100% and
then using two tags instead of one is not really an improvment. Or the
polygons are not 100% identical and you create a mess of two "land"
layers which are sometimes overlapping, sometimes not. Editing the map
with plenty of landuse polygons is already complex and I'm not
speaking for newcomers. Doubling the amount of "land" tags/polygons is
shooting ourselves in the foot.

Pieren