Hello everyone,

We're having a little discussion in the Brazilian community about
whether the node tagged with place=* that represents a city
should/shouldn't have an admin_level=* tag. The wiki states, since at
most 2010 [1], that the admin_level tag should not be used on nodes.
However, both Berlin [2] and London [3] do include that tag. So what
should we do? Update the wiki to state that the tag is allowed it on
nodes? Mention a specific exception in the wiki for this type of
nodes? Fix the mapping of London and Berlin (and probably hundreds of
others)?

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Aboundary%3Dadministrative&diff=1000731&oldid=552031
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/240109189