> As the Wikipedia article shows, the original French sign for roundabout
> implied the priorité a droite and is identical to the one shown in the
> Croatian example (
> https://maps.google.hr/?ll=45.492397,15.549753&spn=0.004543,0.00883&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=45.492457,15.549814&panoid=606WGc-Rt8U3f-UU0k0WLQ&cbp=12,196.42,,0,11.92
> )?
> Janko may be able to confirm that the Croatian Highway Code gives the
> priority to the right in roundabouts.

No, this is an exception in Croatia. Croatian Highway Code is the same as
elsewhere in Europe, traffic inside the roundabout has right of way.

It just seems to me that we should call this a roundabout because anyone
that sees this thinks "roundabout" as a first thought, even without the
sign. Maybe a strange roundabout, but a roundabout. If a routing
application says "go to the first roundabout and then take the second exit"
everybody will know how to follow those instructions. If an application
says "turn right at the first junction, and then right at the second
junction" no one will know what it's trying to say.

I've never heard of this "turning circle" term. Maybe we should call this a
turning circle, and then beg routing application developers to treat it the
same as roundabout.