>> For port proposal and voting page see
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/landuse%3Dport
>>

> In this case there is hardly a definition, it is "hidden"  under a
> "differences between harbour and port" but there is no clear definition and
> description how to structure such a facility in OSM. Please also consider
> extending the abbreviations like "roro" (roll-on_roll-off), "bulk"
> (bulk_terminal), etc.

As I explained in the talk page previously, I would like to stay with roro
as a value, because it's more common in the usage.
Adding _terminal on some terms seem legit (container and bulk), but what
about restricting the proposal to the values truly related to terminals
instead of copying the IHO definition? (so we remove straddle_carrier and
such)

> I am not sure that "port" is nice as landuse value (it is quite specific,
> even more when adding the subtag "port:category"), I would rather see these
> as man_made values.
>
> Usage of two classification systems (port:type and port:category), both
> with generic names, might also lead to confusion. I'd try to be more
> specific with the tag-denominators, e.g. the "port:category" (if I got it
> right you are proposing to split the port into several smaller areas, each
> with the tags landuse=port and port:category=* ?) could become distinct
> man_made (or amenity) tags like man_made=quarantine_station rather than
> landuse=port and port:category=quarantine.
>

>> For intermodal terminal proposal and voting page see
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Intermodal_Terminal
>>

> There is not definition whatsoever on this page, only a "rationale" and
> two links to external sites (
>
>    - http://www.intermodal-terminals.eu/content/e15/index_eng.html
>    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermodal_freight_transport
>
> )
>
> Links to external sites are bad as reference, because they might not be
> stable/permanent, i.e. they might change, get restructured, split, etc.
> Please copy the essence / relevant parts to your proposal so we have a
> definition in our wiki what this is about.

Good point.

> Please add a definition what this tag should be used for, and what are the
> criteria for a intermodal terminal to be a such.
>

> Same thing as before, I should add a description from those links.

> cheers,
>
> Martin

Thanks,
Stefano