On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 4:59 PM, 715371 <osmu715...@gmx.de> wrote:

> I am wondering if the building-tag should be used for moveable objects.
> I guess that this is not in the sense of the meaning of building (see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building#Residential and check for
> houseboats).
>
> For example according to taginfo houseboats are mapped as
> building=houseboat 11496 times. So this is not a new or minor tag.
>
> I guess in this case man_made=boat/ship fits better than any building=*.
>
> Nevertheless there is more stuff which could be moved from building to
> some other keys. Maybe there are solutions like man_made=moveable_object
> possible.

I added a number of building=floating_home tags. (Think of "Sleepless in
Seattle") For all practical purposes they are houses that just happen to be
on water. Homes on water comprise of floating homes and houseboats. A
houseboat is a house built on top of a boat like hull, often a barge.
Floating homes are built on floating logs. While a floating home can be
moved, they are stay in place. While a houseboat does get moved.

Man_made is probably a better fit than building for houseboats.

People often confuse houseboats with floating homes. It could be that these
structures are incorrectly tagged. I would not recommend any mass edit to
change them to man_man.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle