On Jan 17, 2015, at 4:47 AM, Richard Z. wrote:

> in principle yes. We need a value to indicate that surface water is
> intermittent or rare but there is a persistent underground waterflow
> following the riverbed which is a frequent feature of wadi's (unlike
> washes where this seems rare)
>
> Richard

Based on where I sometimes see old wind driven pumps, I'd guess that many
longer (10s of miles long) washes have an underground flow.

On the other hand, in the field or using Bing imagery neither I nor any other
typical citizen mapper can really determine if there is unseen underground
water flow. So so how can that be a criteria for mapping the feature?

Tod