Good move Warin. At present, this key seems a bit light on for
documentation, no history and little info for any of it children.

Is it an 'approved' key ?  Little use.

In the context where this discussion came up, camp_sites, I'd suggest
waste=chemical_toilet is the one we are interested in. The
waste=excrement mentions boat. Boat facilities are distinctly different,
usually relying on a large hose connecting the two tanks and a pump.

Chemical_toilets (in my experience) are a concrete 'bowl' about half a
square metre where the material in question is either poured or pumped.

Should we start by improving the documentation there ?

David