Andreas Goss wrote on 2015-02-17 22:02:
> If people really continute to use this tag I will use it for everything
> run by the chatholic church in Germany, after all they are the largest
> private land owner... Then they can have fun with their "church yards".

the tag is about land_use_, not land_ownership_
AFAIK we do not want to tag ownership in OSM.

fly wrote on 2015-02-17 22:14:
I still do not understand, why we can not use religion=* without any
landuse.

on which area description?

As far as I understand there can be only one landuse but neither the
proposal nor the wiki page really faces the problem especially regarding
deprecating other landuse like cemetery without offering a replacement.

it is probably for historic reasons that cemetery slipped into the
landuse category. It would be logical to migrate it to amenities, such
as graveyard.

tom