On 27/02/2015 8:41 PM, dkise...@osm.me wrote:
27.02.2015, 14:33, "Warin" <61sundow...@gmail.com>:

  On an architectural drawing, a stairway arrow points upwards.

  As specified in international standard ISO 6790 .. and copied in British
Standards B.S. 1192 ... Australian/New Zealand Standards ANZS 1100... and
probably in American Standards ..

  Google "ISO drawing standard stairway arrow"  The above standards numbers
come from the google search .. it may just be the primary number .. with further sections
that would need to be looked up for the extended number for the precise stairway up arrow
specification.

  OSM should follow established standards when available.

It may be a good practice to align our steps ways accordingly common
architectural drawing practices,
but I'm afraid, that there is only a tiny bit of stairwas mapped accordingly to
this standards for now.