On 04/04/2015, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/04/2015 8:58 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>
> It is a 'No' vote. Not an abstain.

> For an English definition see
> http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/154075?redirectedFrom=published#eid

That's behind a paywall. Would you copy oed's definition here ? A
small enough quote should be fair use. I went ahead and looked at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publishing instead, which I feel would
be more universal than a uk-centric definition anyway.

>   Replacement of the word 'Approved" with Published' will cause a
> similar level of confusion. No gain, indeed a loss as time will be
> wasted changing the word 'approved'.

I'm sure "published" will bring its fair share of confusion. And if it
didn't, this mailinglist would have a very hard time agreeing on it :
we need to leave some marginof interpretation or else everybody will
veto some tiny detail.

But whatever the level of confusion of both terms may be, I still
think that "approved" is a step in the right direction. It's closer to
what *I* think proposals are good for. Even if the error bar was
bigger, the value is more correct and the term is better.

One can try to write a page defining what "published" means in the
context of wiki proposals. But given the current level of controversy,
I wish the authors good luck :p