Am 06.04.2015 um 23:45 schrieb Ilpo Järvinen:
> On Mon, 6 Apr 2015, fly wrote:
>
>> Even entrance=staircase seems to be problematic as it overlaps with
>> entrance=main and entrance=service.
>
> No it doesn't. The entrance is either entrance=staircase or
> entrance=service so I see entrance=staircase as a sort of subclass
> of entrance=main. And BTW, the main condition "backdoor" that is used in
> the comment of entrance=service pretty ambiguous to begin with. This is
> especially true in many case with building=apartments doors leading to
> staircases from both sides (this comes with an experience of pretty many
> entrance=staircase nodes mapped) but this might of course somewhat depend
> on country/area/suburb.

I was thinking about a building=apartments with one main entrance and a
backdoor both leading to the indoor staircase.

The backdoor might be open for everyone, leading to a private parking
with restricted access or even only leading into a private garden of one
single household.

Now when to use main, service, staircase or service.

If I go one step further and create a separate building:part=staircase
within the building=apartment the only true value for the front door
which fits for both is main and staircase is redudant.

cu fly