In the USA, there aren't any public holidays on a national scale on which
businesses are required to close. I don't know of any such laws on a state
scale, but I am not familiar with the laws of all 50 states. Government
agencies tend to close on Federal holidays, and on some state holidays, varying
agency by agency and state by state. For private businesses, it is the
employer's decision. Retail businesses tend to hold special sales on days when
many people will be off from work.

--
John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive