On 7 May 2015 at 23:11, pmailkeey . <pmailk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Tips on tagging a village sign please.
>
> Village sign: an ornate sign located fairly central to the village - such as
> on the village green.

There are lots of these signs near where I live. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_sign for examples.

I've always used man_made=village_sign to tag them -- which seems to
have a number of uses according to
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=village+sign#values
(although a good proportional of them are probably down to me).

The village name shown on the sign should also be recorded, and for
that I've used name=*. I know that perhaps doesn't quite fit with the
usual use of name=*, as here it's the name being shown, rather than
the name of the sign, but I thought it was close enough. But if anyone
has any better suggestions there...

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker