On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:04 AM, James Mast <rickmastfa...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, in the US, I've just been tagging the 'ramp' speeds (
> https://goo.gl/maps/Bw8Is ) as a normal 'maxspeed'.  I know several other
> users here in the US have been doing it the same way.

Please don't, as this is confusing.  Advisory speeds are not limits,
maxspeed=* is the limit, not the advisory.

> However, I wouldn't be opposed if we wanted to tag them as
> 'maxspeed:ramp=35 mph', but only if we could get the routers on board as
> that does help in the time estimates and also to harp a user if he's going,
> say, 20 mph over the 'ramp' speed.
>
> Plus, while the cops can't pull you over and give you a ticket for
> exceeding the 'ramp' speed (if they do, you can challenge it in court if
> it's just a normal speeding ticket), they can however, nail you with a
> reckless driving ticket/charge if you wipe out and wreck while exceeding
> it.  That's why I said we need to get the routers on board if we add a new
> tag for the ramps where these signs are posted so they can continue to
> alert drivers who go over the ramp speed (if that option is turned on).

Also handy for consumers like Osmand that might use this information to
display a warning if you're coming up on something fast, similar to how
it'll alert on stop signs audibly if it doesn't detect you're starting to
slow down.