On 25 May 2015 at 19:14, moltonel 3x Combo <molto...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Can you just show me a single Wikipedia entry without a Wikidata object.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections
> Ok, maybe that one doesn't count because it's kind of metadata that
> doesn't belong in wikidata.

No, it doesn't count because the corresponding Wikidata item is:

   https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4434286

> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Campagne_(restaurant)&action=history
> https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q15207004&action=history
> Hum, 2 months lag between data and pedia. Technically it proves my
> point about the lag

No it doesn't. That is from 2013, when Wikidata was new Try a more recent item.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Whiddy_Island_Disaster&action=history
> https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q780440&action=history
> 3.5 years is worse

That Wikipedia article was created in January 2009‎. Wikidata launched
on 30 October 2012. The Wikidata item was created in December 2012‎ .

> No time to look for more right now. Didn't find wikidata links on the
> wikipedia articles, it would have made search faster.

In the standard desktop view, it's under "Wikdiata item", in the left-hand menu.

> If, instead of asking rhetoric questions,
> you can shed light on some inner workings of wikidata that garanties
> that all OSM-worthy objects with a wikipedia article will also have a
> wikidata item (and vice-versa), I'd be happy to forget about that
> imagined downside of wikidata compared to wikipedia.

Not all OSM worthy objects will have a Wikdiata item; but then not all
Wikidata worthy items will have a Wikipedia article.

Why would they?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing