On 3/06/2015 10:04 AM, pmailkeey . wrote:

OSM's k=v design is completely a serious and unnecessary flaw. Similarly are 'categories' like man_made', and 'amenity'.

Why can we not simply stick to hard facts rather guessing what categor(ies) an object fits in

OSM is 90% argument, 5% dead-end discussions and 5% progress. The whole is not a marketable product; it's not fit to be rated as 'beta'. Is this a significant cause of ex-mappers ? It's a flipping brilliant project but sadly lacking a great leader.

Design?
A horse designed by a committee? = a camel.
Yes it has flaws. It also has enhancements .. like going for a long while without water. I view OSM the same way .. it could be better .. and it could be much worse.

Hard Facts?
 OSM has an organisation. Some (most) may not like some of it.
Any collection of objects needs some organisation ... look in a library for instance.

MOST use OSM. 90% will be out there adding things. Only a few join here to add tags, and fewer still try to improve the structure.