Question on storm drain tagging -

Most of the rivers here have storm levees to hold back the typhoon runoff (like
right now in Kyoto) - and *every* single tiny stream and many drains from rice
farming (drains are streams & streams are drains when everything goes through a
field)  go into a culvert through the levee. The smaller ones have a hand
operated valve at the top of the levee to close it, but the larger ones for a
large stream/ tiny river have a large "pier" that sticks out into the dry
riverbed, with electric valves that close, at the end of the pier,  sometimes
with a roof or building protecting them. The valves are deep under the riverbed
(as opposed to in the levee) and let the water join the river mid-stream when
the river is high.

This is beyond the massive tsunami gates that span whole rivers in Japan - 15m
tall gates that close to block a tsunami/typhoon surge at the bay outlet.

Several of them were washed away to their foundations by the last tsunami.

Anyways - should we consider making a flood or storm surge control key? Or is
this all under waterway somewhere?

Javbw.

Sent from my iPhone