> On Aug 10, 2015, at 12:56 AM, Andreas Goss <andi...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Overall I only see that this in some way might be usefull for phone and
> email. But I think it's better to assume phone= is used for some basic
> contact number and then use other tags like phone:emergency= or
> phone:reception if we want to tag more.

+1

In Japan, text input is historically very difficult in a car GPS Navi situation
(smartphones are changing this), so the Navi has a phone number associated with
almost any business or attraction in its database, so you would search by phone
number to get the destination into the Navi. Even parks and sports grounds
(baseball fields, etc) have a phone number associated with them, so phone= is a
very useful field - not for contact, but for location lookup.

Javbw