> On Aug 24, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> sent from a phone
>
>> Am 22.08.2015 um 15:38 schrieb John Willis <jo...@mac.com>:
>>
>> A school operated by a church on separate land with separate facilites is a
>> school. The sign out front says school. It is a school. It may be a
>> religious school, so it has religion=* **but it is not the landuse of a
>> facility dedicated to worship!**
>

> how/where do you draw the line? I'm sure they mostly will have a POW,
> sometimes also an important one.

I am not exactly sure. Maybe by the time I am done typing i will have a better
answer.

The places I have seen and visited seemed pretty easy to draw the line.
I imagine there are places where it is basically two things mixed together. If
it were me, there might be some dividing line in the grounds that is possible
(separate halves of the grounds or separate entrances), but when it is truly
mixed, it is subjective - and I am okay with that.

My son's catholic college is part of a kindergarten/HS/college combo.
It is very easy to map the college and kindergarten (and the historic
missionary building) - but the HS is tough. The big HS buildings are built
around a big church - you enter the high school to worship at it. The complex
can be seem to the left of the pin in GoogleMaps.
http://goo.gl/maps/Uc7yR

In this particular case - because it is built-into the school, and the sign out
front says school - then the POW is an amenity (a big one!) of the school
itself - I went to the graduation ceremony in it (and school talks are held in
it) - so I would tag it as a school grounds, and the building itself as a
church, with a POW on the church.

And almost all of the land is used for HS related facilities - the grounds are
dedicated to the school, not the church.

In my other older "church with preschool" example, almost the entire grounds
were dedicated to the church, not the 2 rooms of the preschool. So it is
primarily a POW facility, so landuse=religious.

"land Dedicated to a religious facility for worshipping and supporting
activities of worshippers and visitors to the facility"

"A single (named) landuse thats dedicated to those facilities"

The catholic HS fails both. Its land primarily dedicated to education and the
activites of students (classrooms, pitch, track, pool,) and it is a single
named landuse: High School.

But where the line is drawn for something else, I'm not sure. How the people
who operate it themselves are a big clue, though.

Javbw