> On Nov 11, 2015, at 1:15 AM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For start, traffic sign itself may be also mapped. It would also make
> clear that hazard (or other method to tag this) is based on something
> verifiable, not opinion of the mapper.

Sounds like a similar situation  to the advisory sign discussion (non-rule/law
based signs giving information to motorists)

Traffic_sign:advisory=carjacking
Coupled with whatever hazard=* you want to throw on it.

(Or similar, I forget the exact tag syntax at the moment...)

I'm sure there are plenty of situations where "no stopping because of natural
danger" exist.

One of the roads up a volcano here (Kusatsu-Shirane) in Japan is surrounded by
sulphur vents. There is an advisory to roll up windows and not to stop, to
avoid the smell and possible asphyxiation (if there is a big burp of sulphur).

It's not too much of a stretch to use it for a social danger *if* the signage
actually exists.

If it is just your opinion, that is also debatable, as we do strive to get the
local mapper's ground truth - but without a sign, that certainly is a big can
of worms.

With a sign - we're just mapping signs.

- theft of valuables (don't leave valuables in the car)
- car theft (lock your car!)
- pickpockets / bag thieves
- prison (no stopping for hitchhikers)

Also, natural warning signs
- dangerous animals (lions, bears, Pumas, snakes, etc) in rural/backcountry
trailheads
- land mines (certain countries)
-tsunami zone (entering a low area)
- turn car wheels to curb (very steep hill parking)

These signs may not be necessary, but for micromappers who are mapping the
vending machines' serial numbers (found in Tokyo), having a decent framework
for advisory signs themselves to be mapped (regardless if they are rendered)
should be considered.

Javbw.