On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:50:37 +0100
Wolfgang Zenker <wolfg...@lyxys.ka.sub.org> wrote:

> * Tod Fitch <t...@fitchdesign.com> [160107 23:35]:
> > My parents house is in a pretty rural part of Arizona and
> > distinguishing between tracks and driveways or even residential
> > roads can be difficult there. So my initial instinct was to say
> > leave the ways in that part of Colorado as tracks as it can be hard
> > to tell on the imagery.
>
> > But looking at the satellite imagery in the area you linked, they
> > clearly look like unpaved residential roads and dirt driveways.
>
> > I’d leave the driveways in but change the tagging to:
>
> > highway=service
> > service=driveway
> > surface=unpaved
> > access=private
>
> I would do almost the same, but would leave out the access=private,
> as this is difficult to determine from the aerial imagery, and is
> implied for service=driveway anyway.

I would strongly dispute "implied for service=driveway anyway" - in
some cases service=driveway is accessible for everybody, in
many cases it is accessible at least for foot traffic.

In case of known access=private access it should be tagged explicitly.

(I guess that it is one of so many differences between
countries/regions - my experience is based mostly on Poland).