Neither are really a direct alternative

Sorry, but a gallery is not a museum

Just because there are fewer 'gallery' than museum doesn't make it incorrect.

Just because galleries may be incorrectly tagged a 'museum' doesn't make them incorrect.

A shop selling art could be a sub tag of gallery (or maybe the other way around?)

I see no reason for discouraging tourism=galley.

Dave F.