Start a new subject.

DIY repair shop has so little to do with Cyber Cafes.

In fact I'll start one for you!!!
subject 'tagging  DIY repair shops?'

On 28/02/2016 11:22 PM, Jo wrote:
Maybe we could start using repair=assisted_self_service for repair shops with

repair:wood=yes
repair:clothes=yes
repair:furniture=yes
repair:metal=yes
repair:computers=yes
repair:smartphones=service

It seems odd that after all this time we still don't have a way to tag DIY repair shops. Most are organised like an event, but at the social outreach mapping party I went to yesterday, this was one of the many questions that came up, to which I couldn't provide a decent answer.

Polyglot

    On 2015-09-14 21:41, Richard Fairhurst wrote :
    How would you tag a "cycle café"?
    And, while we are at it, a "Repair Café
    <http://repaircafe.org/en/>". Also, usually www.repaircafe.CC
    <http://www.repaircafe.CC>.
    Those I've seen use amenity=cafe, which many are not, using other
    premises.
    It's one case again in which I suggested to use OSM and I didn't
    receive a single answer.
    And yet, I showed them this nice map

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.47517&mlon=5.57427#map=19/50.47517/5.57427>
    where n° 1 is in a better place than in this dull one

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.47517&mlon=5.57427#map=19/50.47517/5.57427>.

    Cheers

    André.