On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The best thing you can do is map the exact address of the place, and the
> front door. Then if someone wants to find where it is, they call the owner
> and ask for the address.

That's a problem in Thailand if you search for an English address because
there are so many ways to transliterate Thai into English and back again.
If attempting to search by address it's an almost insurmountable problem.
Sometimes a posted steet name has different English transliterations at
each end of it. No joke. Today I was working in a town called variously,
Ban Pa Dat, Ban Pa Dad, Ban Pa Daet, Ban Pha Daet, Ban Pha Dad, etc., it
goes on and on. Since the street names are derived from the town names I
think you can see the difficulty.

I think I'll just forget about it. I'm reminded too, as Joost pointed out,
that many of these places are private homes and some of those owners may
not want the locations made public for very good reasons. Perhaps that's
why the locations shown on the AirBnB site are so imprecise.

In the case of the example I used in my OP, there are signs over the door
and on several of the roads leading to it so I think I'll leave that one.

Thanks to all for your help,

Dave

--
Dave Swarthout