On 04/04/2016 14:45, Andreas Labres wrote:
AFAICT man_made=mast corresponds to the usage of the German "Mast"

Not for the first time I think it's a shame that OSM wasn't invented in Germany. Tagging would be so much more _precise_ :)

As this isn't rod-shaped it shouldn't be called a "mast". It should rather be some advertising=billboard kind of thing. IMO. Also think of that high McDonald's "M" advertising towers (that can be seen from highways far away),

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mcd_IMGP3581_wp.jpg

either that should be tagged as kind of tower or as kind of advertising (I'd prefer the latter).

man_made=abomination , perhaps?  :)

Cheers,

Andy