@anarcat,

It is frustrating to try to achieve consensus, especially when people pop
in with new ideas now and again. I want to thank you for your work on this
project. I liked the original tag you suggested and for my own work will
probably use it seeing as there are no rules about such behavior and
because consensus is almost impossible to achieve.

Best regards,
Dave

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:28 AM, anarcat <anar...@orangeseeds.org> wrote:

> On 2016-04-12 04:12:03, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> > <malcolm.herr...@btinternet.com>:
> >
> >     shop=boat is a bad choice for marine/chandlery stores. A better
> >     tag is shop=boat_supplies as this more completely describes the
> >     type of store. Few chandleries sell actual boats, so just as we
> >     have shop=car and shop=car_parts to differentiate between two
> >     quite different entities, so should we use shop=boat for places
> >     that sell boats and shop=boat_supplies for chandlers/marine
> >     stores.
> >
> > +1, AFAIR this was also part of the outcome of a recent discussion
> > about this topic on tagging@osm
> > I suggest to reread this discussion and modify the proposal
> > accordingly.
>
> boat_supplies was *never* mentionned in this thread prior to this post,
> as far as I remember. chandler and ship_chandler were, and both didn't
> reach consensus, from what I could tell, because they were too
> localized. I have tried to explain this in the proposal, it seems I have
> failed to get that point through.
>
> Now people are coming up with completely new proposals out of the blue,
> that do not match anything currently in use on the map.
>
> I wish someone would take this proposal and do something with
> it. Frankly, at this stage I am a little exhausted with the process and
> will let other deal with deciding what the bike shed color should be.
>
> Good luck,
>
> A.
>
> --
> Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom.
> Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty.
> Beauty is not love. Love is not music.
> Music is the best.      - Frank Zappa

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska