Maybe before discussing if some structure is better named tower or mast you/we should reflect why we should make a distinction at all:

Is the difference whether...
1) the structure is free-standing or not?
2) the structure has one contact point to the ground or several?
3) there are rooms/accommodations on the structure or not?
4) the structure is covered or not?
5) the structure is accessible for service only or more frequently accessed?
6) anything else or any combination of the above?

And could not some of those distinctions relayed in another way? E. g. a single column mast could be tagged as a point vs a wider (power) tower as an area with the appropriate extent. An accessible structure with rooms could be tagged additionally as building=yes.

So what's the point in distinguishing mast from tower at all?