On Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 08:11:04AM +1000, Warin wrote:

> > But please follow the stream:
> >
> > amenity=recycling   164677x
> > recycling_type=centre 8200x
> > recycling:scrap_metal 9000x

The wiki says:
"Centres are dedicated ... recyclable household materials."
The place I am tagging deals mainly with industrial and commercial
scrap, although they will *collect* suitable domestic metals if they are
passing.

Either the wiki is too restrictive, or there is a need for more refined
tagging.

This fits with my previous comment that recycling_type=business feels
like a better fit. "centre" does suggest somewhere open as a public
facility.

Both scrap yards near me are in old quarries and not necessarily open
to casual callers: they don't feel like "centres"...

ael