> Please note that when a street is promoted to tertiary status, the fact
> that it contains houses gets disregarded
> (and hence I wonder if it's a good idea to consider houses  for road
> classification rather than using an additional residential attribute (yes,
> I know it's the way "we" do it)).

when you write "houses", is this about "buildings" or a subset of
residential buildings (aka "houses")?
Generally, I think we are doing it more or less like Michelin in your
table. Where do you see differences? Clearly the classification of a road
should not change just because it enters a settlement.

Cheers,
Martin