On 23/09/2016 04:06, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
Hi!

Do we have any need for "converted_by"
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/converted_by#values or it could
be discarded while modifying an object, exactly what we already do
with "created_by" and some other tags? (ie, we won't mass remove the
tag, but only drop it while editing an object with this tag).

I am asking this because it seems to be as unimportant as created_by
(it doesn't add any useful information).

It seems to have been used where people have converted GPS tracks to OSM ways without visual review, so I'd expect it to be extremely useful for checking where wayward GPS traces need to be straightened out.

Obviously, once a way has been aligned based on all the best available sources (other GPS traces, imagery, whatever else is available) it would make sense to remove it manually.

Cheers,
Andy