As far as I know, a node does not have a direction, so "forward" or "backward" are meaningless. A way has a direction, a node does not.

On January 21, 2017 3:48:33 PM yo paseopor <yopaseo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think Traffic sign is a NODE, IN the way, as I map stop,give way,or city
limit. But putting a traffic sign does not free you of putting tags and
values in segments of a way as maxspeed (I map the traffic sign as a node
but I repeat the maxspeed=value in the segment). A good solution for making
standard and international would be to use the same propierties as the way
for the traffic_sign node for the future standarization and
internationalization. Also for exit_to signs.

Cheers (salut i senyals)
yopaseopor