On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Mark Bradley
<ethnicfoodisgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Count me as one of those that wishes OpenStreetMap were more structured.  As
> Colin said, choices have to be made, and not everyone will be happy.  Empower
> some folks to make decisions (after thoughtful deliberation), and enforce the
> decisions!  Just tell me how something should be tagged, and I'll follow it!
> Without something like this, it seems like we are doomed to go around and
> around, forever and ever...

Simple: pay a developer to implement it the way you want and everybody
has to follow. :-)
OTOH whenever a developer implements something (iD, new carto-css
style), people start complaining that things are changed, or don't
work as they aspect. So you might to pay the developer to grow a thick
skin as well :-)

OSM is driven by people that implement something, not by people
discussing stuff on a mailing list.