Also, a lot of businesses serve as notaries, as a side-business. The closest notary public to my house is a company that rents out private mailboxes and sells shipping supplies. I have had several documents notarized there.

On 02/07/2017 01:28 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
On 2/7/17 2:21 PM, Colin Smale wrote:
On 2017-02-07 18:56, Richard Welty wrote:

office=notary just seems wrong to me, they're
rarely standalone in my experience.

Richard, in Europe they are almost always standalone, by definition.
They need to be independent and impartial "by law". They have a
protected role in many transactions including real estate and probate.
"office=notary" would make perfect sense here.

which is fine for europe if that's the case. in the US, you go to your
bank or your lawyer's office if you want something notarized.

clearly there is no one size fits all tagging for this.

richard