On the routing engine side these tags will be translated to turn penalties
for specific turns, so the matching equivalent would probably be
from,via,to relations. Which is not a feasible modelling in OSM
realistically speaking. Simple stop signs could go on ways, but fail to
capture more complex situations.

The problem with traffic lights specifically is their interconnectivity:
you don't want to add turn penalties multiple times if traffic lights are
connected. But you can't tell. This is a bit off-topic, feel free to
cross-post to the osrm-talk or routing mailing list, or open an issue in
osrm-backend.