De: dieterdre...@gmail.com
Envoyé: 23 mars 2017 9:05 PM
À: j...@liotier.org
Répondre à: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Cc: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Objet: Re: [Tagging] Traffic sign's relevant direction: direction=* vs.
relation [Was: traffic_signals:direction=* vs. direction=*]

sent from a phone

> On 23 Mar 2017, at 17:23, Jean-Marc Liotier <j...@liotier.org> wrote:
>
> - highway=stop+direction=forward node on the incoming way... Only
>  covers the simple case but covers it simply

while this might work often with stop signs it'll hardly work with maxspeed
signs, because the changing maxspeed requires to split the highway, so that
there would be 2 highways ending in the same node and forward would not be
clear of which way.

When I map traffic signs it's mostly city limit, maxspeed/maxweight/maxheight
and I do it generally for fellow mappers (including myself) because the effect
of the sign I will map on the highway (typically linear, not just a point).
Mapping on the side of the road has worked out perfectly for this scope.

cheers,
Martin