Javbw
> On Mar 31, 2017, at 5:47 AM, Micah Cochran <mcoch...@athensal.us> wrote:
>
> and adds the gender designation

There needs to be another "gender" - elderly.

In Japan, almost all public restrooms - at malls, service areas, public
buildings, etc - have three designated toilets - blue "men's" toilets, red
"ladies" toilets, and 1 "green" elderly/ disabled toilet.  They have separate
entrances. The green toilet will be the closest entrance with a gigantic
sliding door, and a large single room with a toilet, sink, and possibly a
full-size adult wheelchair transfer table.
This is beyond the normal "wheelchair accessible" stall or handrail equipped
urinial you would still see in he normal restroom.

I know that "elderly" is not a gender - but this special green toilet  is
treated as if there was a third gender and signed and colored as prominently.
They are shown on toilet maps and signed. They are treated as a third "gender".
Even my middle school has this 1 special toilet with a separate entrance and
designation, beyond boys, girls, men, and women.

Also, If you are tagging stalls, please consider integrating in "kids" stalls-
I have seen 1/2 height stalls (with tiny toilets) for kids to use, so parents
can look over the top to see what they are doing. Tagging individual stalls
also *requires* the type of toilet (squat, western, urinal, etc ) to be tagged
- as the stalls in many public restrooms here are signed as to what type of
toilet is available - so tagging stalls should also be able to tag what toilet
is inside. Large restrooms at a service area will have a map displaying they
layout of the toilet room and the types of toilets available, so being able to
replicate that in OSM would be useful if one is mapping stalls.

I know there are some existing tags (I think) for this - so please integrate
them into your proposal.

PS - thanks for thinking of the safety of the LBGT community.

Javbw.