On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would also like to know when a harvest is planed, so I can avoid the
> area when that is taking place (traffic, noise and dust).
>
> Where an area has been clear felled, replanted and is now thick.. they
> usually do a selective harvest to thin it out and leave the best trees for
> future harvest. So there may be a need to tag that too?
>
> Other crops of a long term nature? The ones I can think of are all tree
> related e.g. sandalwood.
>
> Satellite imagery is not much use for this.

Have you considered using landsat-8 or sentinel-2 to get current landcover
using the QGIS plugin Semi-Automatic Classification? Landviewer [1] has a
nice interface for finding imagery that is cloud free and of recent
vintage? The learning curve to landcover classification is a bit steep, but
it should be sufficiently accurate for remote areas. I live in an area that
is next to forested areas that is constantly being clear cut - with only
logging roads to show human involvement. Being in the US's Pacific
Northwest, I have to look for late fall to get cloud free imagery.

If you do consider using data you derive, you definitely need to discuss it
on the import list as well as with your local community.

Clifford

[1] https://lv.eosda.com

--
@osm_seattle