First a comment on British usage. The main Romanesque period in Britain does
start in the middle of C11 more-or-less coincident with the Norman Conquest.
Although some large Romanesque churches were built earlier most were re-built
in the decades following the conquest (e.g., Winchester), and thus there are
few remains from earlier. Churches (pretty much the only surviving buildings)
from earlier than around 1000 will be described as Anglo-Saxon (examples:
Brixworth, Deerhurst (both a church & Odda's Chapel), Escomb). Most are small,
Brixworth being the notable exception. In practical terms there is no Celtic
architecture in Britain, unless one counts Brochs. In Ireland there are
monastic buildings which perhaps could be assigned a Celtic designation: most
have roofs made of corbelled stone and are therefore rather small (e.g.,
Skellig Michael).
Second: I was unfamiliar with the term pre-Romanesque, and would have expected
buildings such as the abbeys at Mustair, Reichenau; the Carolingian chapel at
Germingy-des-Pres to be included in the category. However the term does seem to
be in widespread use (e.g., in my copy of Auvergene Romane). It's therefore
certainly a good idea to document it (which you have already done).
Thirdly, I suspect using the locally well-known terms -  Anglo-Saxon,
Carolingian, Mozarabic, Visigothic - may be more informative, and sometimes
less complicated. For instance I'm not sure if the C7 Saxon churches truly
belong to an early form of Romanesque or not; similarly for the baptistery at
Poitiers.
Notwithstanding these comments I would do as Andy says. By all means use a tag
if it works for you. My only suggestion is that locally-named subsets should
preferably be sub-tagged. Comparing English Anglo-Saxon Architecture with
products of the Carolingian Renaissance may not be that useful.
Regards,
Jerry