On 6 September 2017 at 02:51, marc marc <marc_marc_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on the french-speaking mailing, a contributor noticed a high rate
> of incorrect value for the tag "phone". the most common error is using
> the national format number instead of the international format.

I'll admit to being guilty here, in that I enter numbers in my part of
Australia as 07xxxxxxxx, working on the basis that most people using this
info to ring the establishment will be making local, or at most,
inside-Australia calls. I know, sorry, I should be thinking
internationally! :-)

> But the best would be to avoid the mistake when a user fill
> in the data in iD, josm or whatever.
>
> Is anyone aware of a kind of "preset" that can be used for phone ?

Would the easiest way be to format the telephone number box so that it has
a non-erasable + as the beginning symbol?

Thanks

Graeme