From: Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com>
Sent: 08 September 2017 02:59:39
To: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Elevation in Feet as part of Peak Names

On 08-Sep-17 09:10 AM, Dave Swarthout wrote:
Adding numeric values to the name of a peak is not okay. As for using feet in
the "ele" tag instead of meters, JOSM discourages this practice and I think we
should too. It's long past the time when Americans and other countries still
using archaic and cumbersome measurement systems based on the length of the
king's foot or thumb should embrace the metric system. The down side is that
very peak I add involves an extra step.

Aviation still uses feet?
Asking a mapper who may not be familiar with conversion into meters leads to
errors. I'd rather have the render do the conversion as is done for other
dimensions.

Cheers,

Dave

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 5:57 AM, Jo