Hi,

Am 2017-09-19 um 09:32 schrieb Topographe Fou:
> From my understanding it would open even more the door to advertising and I
> don't see any added value from a map point of view (no usefull data for the
> user).
>
> Moreover, in your exemple, I don't see the point to repeat on all McDonald's
> the same tag. A separate database with brand data would fit more your need
> (Wikidata?).

+1

We already have the "problem" that companies whose business is adding
shops/restaurants/etc. to all the map providers add their clients to OSM
which itself were no problem if they don't add lengthy, non-factual
description=* tags. OSM is a project to collect facts. Slogans are not
facts and I myself don't love McDonald's.

Best regards

Michael